Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oxford aka Duffel Coat - upon - Bicycle

I went on a day trip to Oxford, it was lovely, everything everyone had said it would be with even more duffel coats and bicycles than I had expected. Luckily I was wearing my duffle coat. Next time I'll remember my bicycle.

I REALLY enjoyed the Modern Art Oxford in particular the Simon and Tom Bloor exhibition Hit and Miss. I didn't click it was an exhibition (it starts in the entrance way) until I got into the reception/ shop area. Then I went down to watch the 'film programme selected by the artists' and it was showing Mon Oncle
a film we used as the starting point for a project in my first year at design school I love the movie and it put me in a great mood for the rest of my duffel coat and bicycle seeing.

Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the duffel coats and bicycles, next time I will remember! I did get this lovely shot of the very old and historic (what in England isn't) Christ Church College getting fixed up. Typical!

After pottering around for the rest of my afternoon I decided it would be nice to buy a magazine for the train ride home. I haven't had much luck (no luck) on the magazine front since I've been in England, all I ever find are trashy gossip magazines, house magazines, country living magazines, music magazines, sports magazines or computer magazines. WHERE ARE THE DESIGN AND AWESOME, PRETTY STUFF MAGAZINES HIDING! Frankie, Oyster, Nylon, or anything nice. There must be lovely English magazines, somewhere. Anyway Oxford had more on offer than West Berkshire and I settled on issue 11 of Artbox which I was a tad apprehensive about but thoroughly enjoyed. 

Oh look, here's Artbox and I enjoying the English Countryside on our train ride home. Despite a few typos. I loved the magazine, the selection of art and design was great, varied and interesting. Interviews were interesting and a good length for my complete lack of attention span.

No comments:

Post a Comment